Saturday 31 January 2015

Patchwork Challenge, Swap, and Hexies

SATURDAY, 31 JANUARY 2015


Patchwork Challenge and Hexies

I received an super packet in the post this morning for the start of a new challenge. I have to make an item from the charm squares I've been given and I couldn't wait to get started. This shows the early stage of my afternoon of stitching and if you are wondering what it will become, you'll just have to wait!
I'm swapping with Diane, the Cheshire Quilter and she has already made and sent me this gorgeous star block so I'd better get my skates on.
I've been keeping myself happy whilst TV watching and on my travels making 1 inch hexies from some of my Liberty Tana lawn stash. I'd already sewn this batch of random colours together quite aimlessly. I am not sure what it will turn out to be but I have a good cause in mind to receive the finished product if it turns out to be something worth having.
Last night, my lovely friend Dolores asked me to make another needle case for her to use in England, as she has left the other one I made in Slovenia. Now at least I know where I am going with this patch of hexies. I love to hand stitch them, and find it really relaxing, especially as I am using such beautiful fine fabric.

7 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

ooh! it looks good x like the fabrics you are using xx

tilly said...

love those fabrics on your hexies.... I must make some of those after this baby quilt lol.....wonder what you are making ???
Keep warm... Tilly xx

Cardarian said...

oh, I am over the moon! Thank you my lovely friend!
Lots of hugs,
Cardarian

Lee said...

Ooooh Beautiful Jo,you clever girl.Hope you are keeping warm.xx

Kyla said...

I am always in awe of those who can do patchwork, lovely work.
Kyla

Twiglet said...

Totally gorgeous fabrics in these hexies Jo.

Carola Bartz said...

You are a busy lady! I still wonder how you can do all of this while watching TV. The only thing I can do then is knitting.