Friday 1 April 2016

French Braid Quilt, Germany visit & Friday Smile

At last I've finished my French Braid Quilt  which was made from one jelly roll. 
I was lucky to win the jelly roll, along with a super collection of quality fabrics and sewing notions, at a special day I attended at Black Sheep Wools last  June. 
You can see all about it in my post HERE.
I really enjoyed trying out the "Quilt As You Go" method and I was pleased that the process of joining the quilted panels was much easier than I expected and the back looks good too.
I'm joining in with Annie's Friday Smile today to share the joy I had whilst in Germany last week. 
The town, shops restaurants and houses were decorated for Easter and flower boxes (like these below) were all around the town. 

Bushes and small trees in most gardens were full of decorated eggs and, near to my family, one of the neighbours had provided this Spring treat by popping pots of daffodils and decorated eggs into the conifer in her garden.



I was given an excellent drum performance in their basement of her Papa's latest "toy".
How lucky that they have a basement as it was really loud even with earphones. 
Together we made lots items from Hama beads and DD made me the fabulous cup and saucer for Mother's Day instead of a card.
My "little" grand daughter is growing so fast (or am I shrinking?) and at only 6 years old is already up to my shoulder. 
My little grandson is adorable and so lively and loves anything mechanical that makes noises just like this fire engine. At two and a half it is so funny to chat with him especially in a mix of English and German




Back home now and whilst I always feel so low when I return I also smile at all the fun we've had together and look forward to the next time.




10 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jo, what a busy lady you've been. I have to say your quilt is gorgeous definitely 10/10 for that , you must be really pleased with it. Have a great weekend, Angela x

Annie said...

6!!!! where have those years gone and wow hasn't she grown. I'm so thrilled you had a great time with your wonderful family.....and will forgive you for not missing me :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

tilly said...

a stunning quilt made with your fab win.... it looks like another fun filled visit to your lovely family......at least we have lighter nights now! lol
Christine x

Twiglet said...

Oh Jo what happy happy photos of you and your lovely family! Your quilt is just fab - what a super jelly roll and such a clever way to put it together. x Jo

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Wow! The quilt is gorgeous! I love seeing your photos of your visit to Germany! I do love seeing seasonal decorations on the continent ! Have a great weekend! Chrisx

Lisca said...

What a beautiful quilt! Well done you!
I'm glad you had a good time in Germany. Grandies do grow very fast especially when you don't see them every day.
Thanks for commenting,
Have a good week,
Lisca

Lee said...

Oh Jo,what a lovely and very "Happy" post,that qult "WOW",I love it,soooo Beautiful.Love all the pretty pics of your visit,those Grandees are growing and growing lol.Big Huggles xxxxx

Lynn Holland said...

You are such an inspiration Jo, your stitching is beautiful.
Looking fabulous, I love your hair on the bob style
Lynn xx

mamapez5 said...

A beautiful piece of quilting Jo. It looks like a lot of hard work to me.
I love the Easter decorations, especially the daffodil tree!
The Hama beads take me back many years when my sons used to like them, and I also had a son who was drummer, so I know only too well about the noise. He still plays in a 'heavy metal' band and tomorrow sets off on their first European tour. It will probably be his last as well, but at least is a dream realised. Kate x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jo, your quilt is beautiful. Love the design and the fabrics are gorgeous. It would be lovely if our towns were decorated so prettily for Easter - it would brighten up our lives no end. The photos of you and your grandchildren are lovely too. Thanks for sharing. Elizabeth xx