Monday 28 November 2016

Liberty Tana Lawn Random Patch Quilt

I managed another finish yesterday so I could post it off before I leave for Germany. 
My daughter who was married in September wanted to thank her friend who kindly made her wedding dress and knew that she would love and treasure a traditional patchwork quilt. Mother was volunteered to do the honours and I was happy to make it as it is always a treat from me to sew Liberty Tana Lawn. 
It handles and goes together so well and no matter what designs come out of the basket of cut squares, they all blend beautifully. 
The only selection I made was to not sew two identical squares next to each other and, by chance, it never happened as there are over 40 different patterns in this quilt. It was really relaxing to stitch together and not to have to worry about a complex design.

Can you spot the designs in the darker blue and brighter pink squares in this close up? Look close and you may see teapots, cups and saucers. 
The dark one top second left is "the Strawberry Thief", one of my favourite traditional Liberty patterns.







It was machine quilted very simply with diagonal lines in both directions and will fit a wide single bed size or could lay on top of a double bed as a topper.

5 comments:

Helen said...

Jo, this is staggeringly gorgeous! thanks for the invite, both on the blog and via Dolores. I will bear it in mind! when I went to Port Sunny in October with the girls, I managed to look around the dock area a bit, and was so impressed,(we were lucky with a gorgeous day!) so would love a longer visit!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my Jo! This really looks fantastic! What a great gift it's going to make and sure to be treasured for ever! Hugs, Chrisx

Mystic Quilter said...

Who wouldn't love Liberty!! Beautiful quilt Jo.

tilly said...

a stunning gift for one lucky lady, it's fabulous...enjoy your Christmas

Christine xx

Twiglet said...

I really love this Jo - what a treasure and beautiful gift.x Jo